Duxbury Braille Translation Software - Free With Every Braillo Braille Printer
Duxbury Translation Software (DBT) is the world’s most trusted Braille translation software, and has been since 1975. Known for its ease of use and accurate translation, DBT is used by virtually all large Braille publishers and is the world-wide leader for text (print) to Braille translations, Braille editing, formatting, production, publishing and related tasks. No other translation software supports more languages than DBT — over 130 languages in either un-contracted or contracted Braille, in addition to mathematics and technical Braille.
DBT is easy to set up and use: simply type your desired text into the Duxbury program (much like Microsoft Word), choose “Translate” and then “Emboss” and instantly your written text is converted to Braille, sent to your embosser and out comes a Brailled document – perfectly translated and formatted.
DBT includes math Braille, tactile graphics (via the FREE QuickTac program) and so much more. DBT is complex for the most detailed of textbook publishers and easy enough for those just learning Braille translation.
Braillo includes full DBT software licenses with all embosser purchases. Braillo is committed to quality and accurate Braille – when you purchase the highest quality production Braille embosser available, you also receive the world’s most trusted Braille translation software with it.
Duxbury Braille Translation Software Features
- Built-in interline printing to have ink-Braille and print together. This makes an easy proofing and teaching tool.
- Math/Science Code and Computer Braille translation for American, UEB, British, and French Braille.
- Intermediate levels (between grade 1 and 2) for American and British Braille
- The ability to include tactile graphics files for mixed text-and-graphic documents
- Duxbury DBT can import files from the GOODFEEL Music Translation program from Dancing Dots.
- The current translation table menu includes over 130 different languages plus variations, including contracted Braille for most jurisdictions where contracted Braille is customarily used
- Duxbury DBT can import Microsoft Word 2007/2010/2013 files, as well as Open Office files.
- DBT allows languages other than the principal language to be embedded in the same file and treated as appropriate for the context. (Contact us if you have questions about a specific language.) Now Braille for foreign-language texts and language teaching texts is a snap.
- Bidirectional (print-to-Braille and print-to-print) translation for most languages.
- American textbook layout according to Braille Authority of North America (BANA) standards
- DBT is there to help you learn new languages. DBT includes support for the IPA notation, American-style Hebrew, and the form of Greek used by American scholars. Of course, DBT also directly supports the Braille for most of the languages that are taught at the secondary level or college level.
- Accurate presentation of both print or Braille in either WYSIWYG (what-you-see-is-what-you-get) or coded (how-you-get-what-you-want) views in the word-processing screen, with easy switching between views
- A “translated line” showing the “other” form in either print or Braille files
- Six-key chording for Braille and print entry, not timing-based, compatible with most keyboards
- Help screens throughout the program
- Over 100 formatting & translation codes for a high level of flexibility
- A library of user-configurable styles
- A user-extendable template library for even more flexibility
- A spell-checker with 300,000-word dictionary
- A “Quick Find Misspelling” feature for increased speed and ease of use
- Embossing to all major Braille printers; the first page may be a “banner” for job identification by personnel who don’t read Braille
- The Duxbury Braille Font for viewing Braille dots within other programs
- Single-user and Network licenses available.
- Unlimited technical support by telephone, email, fax, etc.
- An Internet user forum to communicate with other Duxbury users
- All backed by a 90-day satisfaction guarantee!